InitiaPoker.com - Forums Beginners Questions
Are you new to InitiaPoker.com? Do you have any questions? Our community will help you!

Folding sets in low limits

2014 April 17

Do you think folding sets on say NL2 can make some sense? Of course I'm talking about very scary tables… but on these very low levels with supposed bad players and for little money, I wonder if logic can be applied.

5 Forum Threads
3 Forum Answers
1 Hand Analysis
1 Published Hands

2014 April 17

The short answer is: "It's almost never correct to fold a set on NL2". Of course on a very scary table I can fold a set, a straight and even a flush… But on NL2 any strong hand will allow you to get to the showdown because players usually overvaluate their hands.

Comment: 2014 April 18

That's right, but do you really care too much if you are playing NL2 or NL100? I mean, doesn't the player you are facing matter much more than the level you're playing? There are good players on low levels, and there are really bad players on high levels.

Author Comment: 2014 April 18

Good point, I agree we should "play the player and not play the level", but it's also true that on low levels there are obviously worse players, and our default strategy should be value bet non-stop when we get a big hand, even if the board's a little scary.

Comment: 2014 April 18

I see, thank you!

5 Forum Threads
121 Forum Answers
59 Hand Analysis
10 Tests & Tutorials
10 Blog Entries

In order to answer
you need to Sign In or Create a new Account

Back

Copyright ©2012-2013 InitiaPoker.com All Rights Reserved.           Contact us     -     Terms of Service & Privacy Policy            [ Your Time UTC+0 ] Saturday 08:09
Poker Hand Analysis Poker Forum Poker Tests and Tutorials Poker Videos Poker Dictionary Poker Rooms Featured Poker Content