No Limit Texas Hold'em - Strategy and Hand Evaluations Cash Games
Discussion about No Limit Cash Games.

Suited connectors

Suited connectors

2014 March 26

I read in a book that small suited connectors raise on value when playing NL deep stack, but when I enter the pot with hands like 56s, either don't hit the flop or if I get a draw on the flop or turn my opponent always runs away cause of the dangerous board texture.

Any thoughts?

5 Forum Threads
6 Forum Answers
1 Published Hands
Suited connectors

2014 March 27

You can play suited connectors sometimes, but not every time you get them. They can be used for polarizing your play, for reraising in stealing spots but they are specially useful against loose players (like all the speculative hands).

4 Forum Threads
76 Forum Answers
12 Hand Analysis
56 Tests & Tutorials
1 Blog Entries

Suited connectors

2014 March 27

The problem that you have is that you are playing those hands vs players who detect when you are in a draw situation and don't play when you hit. You have to identify the weak players who will pay you their stack when you improve to a flush/straight.

2 Forum Threads
15 Forum Answers
8 Hand Analysis
2 Tests & Tutorials
Suited connectors

2014 March 27

Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense!

5 Forum Threads
6 Forum Answers
1 Published Hands

In order to answer
you need to Sign In or Create a new Account

Back

Copyright ©2012-2013 InitiaPoker.com All Rights Reserved.           Contact us     -     Terms of Service & Privacy Policy            [ Your Time UTC+0 ] Wednesday 01:39
Poker Hand Analysis Poker Forum Poker Tests and Tutorials Poker Videos Poker Dictionary Poker Rooms Featured Poker Content